Limited edition writing desk / side table designed by the German architect Hans Kollhoff (1946-) for a jewellery store in Munich. Germany, circa 1990.
Hans Kollhoff was born in Thuringia in 1946 and is one of today's most influential German architects. His style speaks a traditional form language that draws on classical motives and uses traditional materials. Kollhoff's designs include the DaimlerChrysler Building on Berlin's Potsdamer Platz, a high-rise building with a brick façade based on the American model. In the German capital he was also the lead architect for the conversion of the former Reichsbank building into the new Federal Foreign Office building, the conversion of the Berlin Metropol into the Goya Club and the interior of the Newton Bar. He was also responsible for the general planning of the Alexanderplatz's urban development future. Kollhoff and his staff also plan construction projects throughout Germany and Europe.
Hans Kollhoff (1946-)
H 73,50 x W 119 x D 60 cm